Monday, November 1, 2010

Share 'N' Voice: Environment Minnesota

So I was just pokin around online and I came across this awesome website called Environment Minnesota.  It is all about things occuring in Minnesota that we can be a part of to help our environment.  There are some interesting subjects like the boundary waters, green transportation, clean water acts, and saving the forests.  They even have a breakfast forum titled "Green Ideas and Ham."  I love the title!  Dr. Seuss anyone?  I found a lot of valuable information on the site, and it really hits home since it is all about Minnesota.  And the best part, they offer internships!  I know we all have to do one, so if there is something interesting to you I encourage you to look for further information.  Check out a few things and let me know what you think.

7 comments:

  1. I have actually been to this site before. It is very informational and helpful. If someone is really interested in the environment the website will even direct you towards jobs and internships.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha, i loved the "Green Ideas and Ham!" This was a great website! I'm glad you found it, i'm always trying to find new ideas for around MN cause we are so different (as a state) compared to others...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really cool, I think people will get the idea that MN is a really environmentally friendly state. I might have to look into those internships though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read the section on Minnesota's lakes, streams and rivers and it listed off the top ten most frightening facts about our 10,000+ lakes. One that really stuck out to me was that 40% of our lakes are considered "impaired" because of the high pollution levels. This percentage prevents people from being able to swim in the waters due to its hazardous effects. How disturbing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like this site! I've never seen it before and it looked like it's going to be a good tool. I also looked at the interning section, i might have to tell some of my friends about it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey that's really cool! I never knew this existed. Thanks for sharing. I'm glad that so many people are so active. It makes me want to get involve too now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was a very interesting site so thank you for sharing! I was not aware that something like this existed so it was neat to take a look at.

    ReplyDelete