Monday, October 4, 2010

Share and Voice: Sesame Street: Outdoors with Jason Mraz



I found this great video put on by Jason Mraz and Sesame Street. Obviously it is targeted towards a younger population but I think it is really important to spend time outside and enjoy the environment we have because one day it might not be as beautiful. This video is important because too many kids these days just sit inside and play video games. Now I don't know about the rest of you, but as a kid, I played outside a lot. Our parents practically made us, weather permitting. I think we need to get back to the good old days when people enjoyed the outdoors.

Watch the video and really listen to the lyrics :) My favorite line "mother nature deserves to be loved" Let me know if you find any favorites too.

5 comments:

  1. Kristy, this video is absolutely adorable! And I completely agree that it is important to spend time outdoors. It is one of my favorite things to do, especially since the weather has been absolutely gorgeous this fall! Have to enjoy it before the snow comes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED this video. I thought it was so cute, and it sends such a good message to young impressionable kids. I wish that every kid could hear this message, what kid needs a DS when you can have more fun outside? Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha I love this! And it sends quite a true message as well-- there's no need to stay inside, lets go explore!!! Everyone (kids especially) need to get outdoors more and stay physically active. Winter comes around and there is plenty of time to stay inside and take a few lazy days... but when the weather is beautiful its so important to get outside and experience nature and breathe fresh air. I think this is a great video to target younger kids and the fact that Jason Mraz is singing is a way to attract kids to this message.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristy, this is really cute. I enjoy that Sesame Street has been including a lot of popular artists into their show to make it even more entertaining! Yes, I remember the old child days when playing outside was so fun and carefree. Now, I feel like I barely have time. Hopefully after college we all can do a little bit of that again. Thanks for sharing!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable! And clever, make me miss watching Sesame Street. ;o)

    ReplyDelete