Saturday, November 27, 2010

Share and Voice: The Story of Bottled Water




This is from the "Story of Stuff" site that we watched in class awhile ago. I really thought this clip was interesting because it related to my Eco-Chic Lifestyle Change. I had no idea that water bottles really don't get recycled. My favorite clip from the movie though was that she said that having bottled water is now looked at as if you were smoking. Smoking seems to be frowned upon by most nonsmokers, using bottled beverages is frowned upon by those who know the effects on the environment. Watch the video, it really isn't that long and you have a lot to learn.

4 comments:

  1. I really like these movies. I can't believe most bottled water is tap water. It also is surprising that the bottles are not being recycled. That is probably why we have so much plastic floating in our ocean,.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched this video last week, probably one of my favorites on the site! I just thought it was funny how not only is drinking bottled water just a waste of everything, but paying for it is equivalent to paying $10,000 for a sandwich! I really like that at the end of these videos they outline what we can do to change this problem. Often time this sort of problem seems so over whelming but since they show us how we can help I think that'll inspire a lot more people to help the cause.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Over break I showed my mom the video we viewed in class and continued to view the site a bit more. They have some really interesting and factual stuff on here! Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was a very simple and educational movie. I liked it alot...it broke it down easily and made the whole entire process understandable for someone (like me) who may not know alot about what and how things are happening.

    ReplyDelete