Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Eco-Chic Lifestyle Change Week 3: Weekly Update

My smart goal for this week was: I will drink 40 ounces of water out of my reusable stainless steel water bottle 7 days a week.    This week was not very good for me.  I did not reach my goal but I am optimistic that I can achieve it later on.  I changed it from my initial goal therefore it became more difficult, yet I intend to keep it.  Even though it will challenging, I will leave this as my goal.

This last week I definitely faced some challenges.  I did not have my typically schedule, thus I was out and about and not at work or school.  On Wednesday and Thursday I was at events at Fon du Lac Tribal Community College and the College of St. Scholastica.  I didn't even think about drinking water that day, I simply did not stay hydrated without realizing it because I was so busy.  I did bring my water bottle with (Step 1!) I just did not refill it.  So I met part of my goal.  Then comes Friday, in which I was at a four hour meeting where lunch was served.  I was so hungry that I just grabbed the set up and starting eating and drinking.  Uh oh! I started drinking out of a plastic water bottle.  I was half way through before I even realized it, I was so disappointed in myself.  Luckily, all the rest of my days were successful and I did meet my goals. 

It felt so good to actually meet my goal.  I was really proud that I was able to accomplish drinking 40 ounces these last few days.  I would much rather have a goal that is difficult then set the bar too low and make it to easy to achieve.  I also had feelings of disappointment this week when I was not able to reach my goal.  I am a perfectionist so I really intend to accomplish everything I set my mind to.

This week I learned that sometimes different things come up in your days and weeks.  You need to always be prepared for what lies ahead of you because you never really know.  I am a very structured and routine person, so when my weeks change it is a little stressful.  I should always have my water bottle with me, and make a conscious choice to find a water fountain and make sure I can refill my bottle.

As I have stated previously, I intend to keep the same goal for next week so I will drink 40 ounces of water out of my reusable stainless steel water bottle 7 days a week.  Hopefully I can achieve it next week.  It will be a bit challenging but I think I can do it.  I intend to bring my water bottle to Thanksgiving so hopefully that won't be an issue.

Image

Blogged for the Eco-Chic Lifestyle Change Week 3 hosted by Amy@Amy in the Rain

3 comments:

  1. It still is a good goal. It's actually something we should all be doing every single day. Our bodies are mainly composed of water and we need to continue replenish it, but instead we have these sodas and juices we have been replacing natural water with. Keep strong, do the best you can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is good you met your goal most of the time. It's better than nothing. Keep up the good work it feels good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's very hard to drink a lot of water when you get busy, I would be in the same position there too. Sometimes I get so busy that I don't realize I haven't drank a sip of water all day until I get a headache. It sounds like you have set a good goal for yourself, it sounds like it does a good job of pushing you.

    ReplyDelete