Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Eco-Chic Lifestyle Change Week 4: Weekly Update

  1. My SMART goal was I will drink 40 ounces of water out of my reusable stainless steel water bottle 7 days a week.  I would say that I was fairly successful with this goal.  I was able to achieve it 6 days last week, Thanksgiving being the slacking day.
  2. I was only able to be home the night before and the day of Thanksgiving, which for this goal, was a blessing in disguise.  We live off bottled water at my home because our water goes through softeners and the well and has a lot of minerals in it.  (My dogs can't even drink it because it gives them kidney and gallbladder stones.)  So we do not drink it.  What we typically do though is bring jugs to my grandma's house, who lives in the actually city, and fill them up.  But my point is, is that it was very difficult to stick with my goal while at home.  Thanksgiving was a bit of challenge for that reason.  Being at work allows me to be successful because we have those really big jugs you can fill from and I love it.  I usually fill it once when I get there, midway through the day, and then again before I leave at night.
  3. I wouldn't say I had any specific feelings this weak.  A little disappointment at the end of the week from not being able to achieve my goal again, but I was so close that I was also filled with excitement.  This is because I really think next week I will achieve this goal.  Throughout this last week I had a real positive attitude for my goal because I knew I was doing well.
  4. I learned that drinking tap water can be a challenging thing for everyone, but if you really try to make it your lifestyle, it is not that difficult.  It is more difficult when I am at home but I know there are ways to get around it.  
  5. For next week, I intend to keep my goal the same because I really think I can achieve it.  It has obviously been challenging since I have struggled over the last few weeks to actually complete it 100%.  I am very hopeful for what next week will bring.  My goal for next week is: I will drink 40 ounces of water out of my reusable stainless steel water bottle 7 days a week.
Blogged for Eco Chic Lifestyle Change Week 4 Hosted by Amy@Amy in the rain

4 comments:

  1. Keep up the good work with your goal and good luck. I wish I was able to drink this much water a day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like drinking water at home is a huge pain! It sounds like it takes a great deal of effort just to get clean water! I think that your right, next week you'll make your goal and it'll be a lot easier! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a good thing you were able to keep in track with your goal. Its too bad you can't drink your tap water, but it looks like you have come up with a good alternative by going to town to get water.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you have to use water bottles/jugs...this was the best, most convenient way to do it. You're able to reuse them for awhile. Sometimes your safety and health need to come first.

    ReplyDelete