Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Share and Voice: Smart Sun Safety

So as part of my blog I am hoping to inform others on how to be safe in the sun while still having fun.  So I found this website, titled Smart Sun Safety, Fun in the Sun 101 and I thought it was perfect to include in my blog.  The site is put on by the Skin Cancer Foundation and is made possibly through a grant by Banana Boat.  You should visit the site because it is a really fun way to learn about how to protect yourself while in the sun.  The main areas it focuses on are sun safety, skin types, UV rays, and sun protection.  It has quizzes on different subjects relating to sunscreen and the sun.  I took some and was shocked to learn some of the answers.  Test your knowledge with the quiz on Sun Safety, located under Sun Funzone.   It also provides teacher resources and free posters.  I found this site to be really interesting and spent a lot of time just reading the different articles on it.  I really hope you check it out and see what you already know and learn a few new things too.

1 comment:

  1. Kristy, thanks for this website. I took the sun saefty quiz and found out some interesting things about sun safety. The first question about what time is most damaging from the sun reminded me of when my mom and I went to our veggie garden around 10am. We finished picking veggies till noon and were dehydrated from the heat of the sun. After that, I didn't want to go again only if I was forced to then I would. Next time, I am definitely going to wear sunscreen and be hydrated! Mary

    ReplyDelete