Thursday, December 16, 2010

Reflection: Weeks 13-14 & Overall Course



Image
  The final weeks of the course have just occured and it went fast.  Over the last two weeks we have many discussed junking and our advocacy projects.  The class visited the Goodwill but unfortunately I was unable to go.  That week we also finished our Eco-Chic Lifestyle goals, which overall I would deem very successful for all.  I think we all definitely benefitted from the changes we made.  I actually enjoyed making the Fact Sheet for our advocacy projects, it was not nearly as difficult as I thought it would be.  We continued to link up to Dr. V's linky party, which is actually an interesting thing to do. 


The final week of class we had our Junk Project Show and Tell.  This was probably my favorite class period because we all had such great ideas and each project was really unique.  I created bookends, which are below.  The Advocacy Project Learning Activities were more interesting than I expected.  I had no idea what was the best way to have mine, so I did a survey format.  I loved that we all had different ways to learn because it definitely made it more fun.  I did find it a little tedious to report on all the activities, but I really learned a lot by doing the activities.


Junk Project!

 
Overall Course
Overall, I learned a ton in this class.  My favorite part was definitely the application of the course.  I really took what I learned in class and applied it to my life and the real world.  My favorite part of the course was in the beginning doing the ecological footprint.  It really put things in perspective for me.  I would say for the most part I enjoyed the documentaries we watched.  Sometimes it is just hard to watch movies in the afternoon in the dark.  But they provided really valuable information.  The junking projects were also really fun.  I would say we should almost do two.  One earlier in the semester and learn about what everyone else did, and then do another one when we have even more ideas.  The blogs were super beneficial and I think were an essential part of the course.  It was so weird for me to not have a folder to bring to class each day.  But I really felt that I was doing my part to help the environment by not printing things off.  Blogs are definitely environmentally friendly and a great way to learn technology.  This has been a very challenging and educational course, and I would recommend it to other students. 

6 comments:

  1. I agree that this is fantastic course. I'm really glad that this was your favorite class. I really enjoyed doing our online activities too. I loved how interactive they were and it was a fun way to learn about all of these important issues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you totally. I will actually kinda miss this class. It was very educational and the blogging was a plus. I really enjoyed the junking projects. It would have been fun to do a large class junking project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think part of what makes this class fun is the fact that we can apply what we learned right away to our life. I agree that the blogs help learn technology. It's great to have the experience in case blogging is needed in a future job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your juking project is great, it is very practical and it is nice that you know what you are going to do with it. I would also recommend this class to other students, I am taking so much away from this class.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really liked the junking project, too. I find myself looking for other ways I can use some of the things I already have. It's kind of addicting I must admit. I really learned a lot from this class also.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I would agree that application was key in this course! I love how this class really taught us to begin transforming from 'student-mindset' to 'health educator-mindset.' By developing and creating activities and projects ourselves we can go out into the 'real world' with confidence about what our roles are as health educators and advocate about what health education stands for!

    ReplyDelete