Sunday, December 12, 2010

Share and Voice: Junking Project

I thought it would be fun to share a bit about my junking project.  I decided to finally put to good use a bottle of sand I collected from the Nile River in Egypt.  Along with dried hisbiscus flowers I bought in the market while in Egypt.  I then found 2 jars in my garage, that were actually salt and pepper shakers of my great grandma's.  I did have to purchase some ribbon though.


My materials

The inspiration -- the "junk"

The Final Project!  My new bookends for my cookbooks.


 I originally wasn't looking forward to this project, but after I finished, I love it!  I am really excited about my new bookends.  I may even look for more items that I can "junk."  I hope everyone else enjoyed their junking projects as much as I did.

6 comments:

  1. Those are really cute. What a great way to put some of your memorabilia to use!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super cute. It is really creative how you can use them as bookends. I think it is great because now a souvenir that may have usually been tucked in a closet can now be on display!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clever! I've never really been to an 'exotic' sandy place but I know some people who have and I know they have bottles of sand that just sit in their rooms. When I ask them about it they often tell me about where they got the sand but mention they don't know what to do with them, so I will be sure to suggest creating bookends with them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a good idea! I am one of those people with sand in bottles just sitting around. I might have to make bookends out of them now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love what you did with these. I would have never guessed to make them book ends. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a very practical idea, it is great because those items have some real meaning to you as well.

    ReplyDelete